- Demonstrate how to correctly operate ultrasound machines and optimize an ultrasound image.
- Identify the brachial plexus anatomy needed to perform upper extremity blocks.
- Identify the lumbar plexus anatomy needed to perform lower extremity blocks.
- Identify the anatomy needed to perform fascial plane blocks for abdomen and hip analgesia.
- Identify the anatomy needed to perform thoracic fascial plane blocks.
- Follow the instructions to perform blocks, including: Patient position, Transducer placement, Scanning techniques, Needle insertion.
- Match the blocks with the proper indications.
- Troubleshoot commonly encountered difficulties during the blocks, and apply correct strategies to solve them.
- Select the type, concentration, and volume of local anesthetics to match the analgesic objectives.